Donor Advised Funds
Are you looking for a way to benefit the Chesapeake Bay Foundation both now and in the future?
With a donor advised fund (DAF) you can make gifts to charity during your lifetime and, when you pass away, your children can carry on your legacy of giving.
How it Works
- You make an initial gift of cash or stock to fund a DAF at the Chesapeake Bay Foundation.
- You make annual recommendations on gifts to be made from your DAF.
- When you pass away, your children may recommend charitable gifts from your DAF for a number of years.
- At the end of the term, the remaining funds become an asset of the Chesapeake Bay Foundation, which will help further its mission.
- A flexible easy way to establish a vehicle for charitable giving.
- Tax-efficient lower cost alternative to a private foundation.
- Estate tax deduction and savings for your gift.
- Tax savings from a charitable tax deduction in the year of your gift.
It's easy to get started with opening a DAF account and recommending gifts to the Chesapeake Bay Foundation. Contact us to learn more about DAF benefits and planning.